- Responsible for the operations of the fish and seafood department, maintaining freshness and customer appeal using excellent merchandising skills and product offerings to meet or exceed department sales and profit goals.
- Providing unprecedented customer shopping experiences, maximizing sales and profitability through fabulous displays, presentation and excellent communication.
- Retaining a high standard of cleanliness, safety, sanitation and compliance.
- You must love fish and seafood, be interested and preferably have had experience in sales with relevant qualifications.
- Be knowledgeable about the Cornish fishing industry, its species, seasons, markets, and environmental fishing standards such as MCS.
- Passionate about quality local food and interested in continued development and creation of new product lines.
- Excellent knife skills and the ability to prepare whole fish to customer requirements, with minimum waste and maximum profitability.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations, provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Excellent people management skills, willing to take instruction from our main supplier and work under their own initiative, supporting other team members.
- Able to interpret financial management information, utilise the results and feedback performance.
- An effective, well organised and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation, literate, numerate and articulate.
- Food Hygiene training / qualifications and understanding of current legislation.