Phineas and Ferb Bento Box
- Dried mixed berries
- Cantaloupe flowers
- Cucumber slices
- FOR THE SANDWICHES: Sandwich bread and fillings; white cheese, carrot, cucumber, boiled egg whites, cream cheese or hummus to “glue” the pieces together
- TOOLS NEEDED: Template, rolling pin, small sharp knife, cutting board
- Straw or round fondant cutter (to make eyes), small oval fondant cutter (to make eyes)
Make sandwich as desired. We used turkey and roast beef on multigrain sandwich rounds.
- Using the template as a guide, cut Phineas and Ferb heads from white cheese. Note: Phineas is mostly triangular, but he has a small ear; Ferb is mostly rectangular, but he has an ear and nose.
- Using a slice of egg white, cut out one oval for Phineas’ eye. Overlapping the first oval, cut out a partial second oval for the other eye (see template).
- Using a second slice of egg white, cut out one larger circle for Ferb’s eye. Using a smaller straw or cutter, cut out a second circle for Ferb’s other eye. Ferb’s eyes are two different sizes.
- With a small straw and cucumber peel, cut out two small circles to dot Ferb’s eyes, one small circle for Phineas’ front eye and a half-circle for Phineas’ rear eye.
- With a dot of cream cheese or hummus on a toothpick tip, dot the cucumber to hold the pieces in place.
- Slice a thin piece of carrot (orange cheese works too) and use the template to cut Phineas’ hair. To attach, dot the back with hummus or cream cheese.
- For Ferb’s hair, carefully slice the peel off the side of a cucumber and use the template to cut. Save the cucumber for inside the bento. Attach hair with dots of cream cheese or hummus.
- Carefully move Phineas and Ferb to the top of the sandwich to decorate it. Use a few more dots of cream cheese or hummus to help hold them in place.