Ritz Crackers Pup-Peroni Pizzas
- 6 RITZ Crackers
- 1/8 cup of your favorite pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 slices white cheese such as provolone
- ¼ cup shredded Kroger Mozzarella cheese
- 9 pepperonis
- 5-6 jumbo black olives
- Small and medium circle cookie cutters (or you can use kitchen scissors for this)
- Kitchen scissors
- Nonstick aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
1. Let’s begin with the margarita pizzas! Use a spoon to spread a little tomato sauce onto the top of each RITZ Cracker. Then add a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
2. Slice the tomato and cut into small pieces. Place a few pieces of the tomato on top of each pizza cracker.
3. Line your baking sheet with nonstick foil. Transfer the margarita pizzas to the baking sheet.
4. To make the pup-peroni pizzas begin by adding the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese as you did for the margarita pizzas. Using a small round cookie cutter, or kitchen scissors, cut 6 circles out of the white cheese slices, set aside. Use the medium round cookie cutter, or kitchen scissors, to cut 2 semi circles from 3 pieces of pepperoni. Place each semi-circle on the outer edge of 3 of the RITZ crackers. Add the cheese circle to the middle of each cracker.
5. Fold the other 6 pieces of pepperoni in half, and use your kitchen scissors to cut half a heart out (when you open each slice up your cut should look like a heart). Cut the hearts in half, and attach each half to either side of your crackers to form the ears (you can use a little more tomato sauce, if necessary, to get the ears to stick). Transfer your pup-eroni pizzas to the baking sheet.
6. Place the baking sheet on the top rack in the oven, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
7. Use kitchen scissors, or a small cookie cutter, to cut the eyes, noses, and mouths out of the black olives. Place on top of your pup-peroni pizzas.
8. Just before serving, add fresh shredded basil leaves to the top of your margarita pizzas. Enjoy!