The Great Canadian Beaver
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 large circle cracker
1 toaster waffle
2 icing eyes
1 small slice of apple or pear
2 maple leaf sprinkles (optional)
a sharp kitchen knife
a large circle cookie cutter (or use a drinking glass)
1. Toast your waffle so it’s nice and crispy. Once cool, cut into a beaver tail shape and place on a plate.
2. Cut a circle out of the whole wheat bread using a cookie cutter or glass. Spread with peanut butter and place on the plate for the beaver’s body.
3. Spread peanut butter on the round cracker—this is the beaver’s head.
4. Add raisins to make 2 ears, a nose, 2 hands and 2 feet. Add icing eyes.
5. Slice apple or pear into 2 small rectangles to make beaver teeth.
7. If desired, add 2 maple leaf sprinkles for cheeks.