Prep: Cook: Level: Easy
- 3 cups Pipe Rigate (or Your Favorite Short Pasta)
- 2 whole Italian Sausage Links, Casings Removed And Torn Into Small Pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ whole Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 whole Carrots, Peeled And Minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 can (10 Oz. Size) Tomato Sauce
- ⅓ cups Milk
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- ⅓ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan
- 2 pinches Coarse Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente; drain and return to the pot.
In the meantime, bring a large skillet to medium high. Add the sausage and brown all over, crumbling with a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Back in the pan, add the oil and bring the heat back to a medium-high. Add the onions and carrots; sauté until they start to soften, 6 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper; sauté another minute or two. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add the sausage back to the skillet. Then add the tomato sauce and stir to combine. Add the milk, reduce the heat and simmer about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.