- 8 ounces shelled unsalted pistachios, you can find these already shelled at Trader Joe’s and many other larger markets.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Applewood Smoked Sea Salt*
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Applewood Smoked Sea Salt* for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray (or drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and spread with a paper towel to coat).
Combine oil, butter, honey, brown sugar, Applewood Smoked Sea Salt* and cinnamon in a medium size microwave-safe bowl. Add the pistachios and stir to coat. Microwave on high for one minute. (This will help dissolve brown sugar to coat the nuts better.) Turn nut mixture out onto prepared baking sheet.
Roast for 10 minutes, stir and return to oven for approximately 5 more minutes or until golden and caramelized. Remove from oven, stir to separate and allow to cool on pan. Store in an airtight container after cooling.